Sunday, March 14, 2010

National Pie Day

Since today is national pie day I thought I would share my recent concoction that I made.  A homemade cheesecake, yum!  Don't forget too that many places are offering free pie today, see other posts.
 
This was fairly easy to make and yet all so delicious.  It is also a great way to get the kids involved in cooking.
 
I just took a basic recipe and modified it a bit to fit my taste preferences and what a great outcome!
 
Here is my basic recipe:
 
2 packages of cream cheese
1 8 ounce container of sour cream
1 fresh lemon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Flour
 
Crust:
1 1/2 C. Crushed Graham Crackers
1/2 C. Crushed Almonds
1/2 C. Melted Butter
 
Topping:
1 8 ounce container of sour cream
1/4 C. Sugar
 
First make the crust.  Take the three ingredients and mix until the melted butter is thoroughly incorporated into the mixture.  Then press in a spring form pan, I used an 8" pan and almost did not have enough room.  So make sure you have a good large one.
 
Next, place this in the refrigerator.
 
Then take the cheesecake ingredients and whip them together.  Make sure to do this when the cream cheese is at room temperature.  I took mine out about thirty minutes earlier.  Then just start adding the ingredients and whip them all together.
 
While doing this, preheat the oven to 425 F.  Pour the batter in the crust and place it in the oven for forty minutes then take the sour cream mixture and spread it over the cheesecake and cook for fifteen more minutes.  Then open the oven when it is done and let it sit for another forty-five minutes.  Now take it out and place it in the refrigerator.  Let it chill for at least 8 hours.  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment